Continuing Education Units
The NVFC is pleased to offer Continuing Education Units (CEUs) on select courses. These CEUs are provided by Columbia Southern University. Current eligible courses are as follows:
- Behavioral Health in the Fire and Emergency Services (.1 credit)
- Fireground Accountability: Daring Not to be a Statistic (.1 credit)
- Preventing and Coping with Suicide in the Fire and Emergency Services (.2 credit)
These courses are free for members; however, there is a $20 service fee from CSU to issue the CEU. The price is normally $25, but because the NVFC is a learning partner to CSU, NVFC students receive a five dollar discount.
To get the CEU, follow these steps:
- Take the eligible course in the NVFC Virtual Classroom. Refer to the list above to see which courses are approved for CEUs; it will also be noted in the course description.
- Once you’ve completed the course, the NVFC will submit your grade to CSU – nothing for you to do here!
- CSU will then contact you to explain the next steps you need to complete, which includes filling out an online Participant CEU Request form and paying the $20 service fee.
- Once these items are completed, CSU will mail you your CEU certificate within 7-10 business days.
- Please note that this process must be completed for each course for which you wish to obtain credit.