Webinar - Resiliency: Preparing for and Bouncing Back from Difficult Calls
In this webinar, presenter Hersch Wilson will discuss how firefighters can emotionally prepare for difficult calls and how we can “bounce back” from the bad ones. The webinar is interactive to encourage participants to share their own best practices.
• Understand the importance of mental health in firefighting
• Learn the six factors for building resilience
• Discuss ways to instill resilient practices in departments
• Discuss ways to “bounce back” from difficult calls
• Discuss the responsibilities of officers in helping firefighters manage through the short and long term implications
• Remember the goal: Physically and mentally healthy firefighters
Hersch Wilson is a thirty-three year veteran Firefighter-EMT with the Hondo Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department in Santa Fe, New Mexico. He retired in 2021. He is a writer and his last book was the award winning “Firefighter Zen: A Field Guide to Thriving in Tough Times.” He is married to Laurie Wilson, an ex-firefighter. They have two daughters and two dogs and spend lots of time in the New Mexico Mountains.