Webinar - Resiliency: Preparing for and Bouncing Back from Difficult Calls
In this webinar, presenter Hersch Wilson will discuss how firefighters can emotionally prepare for difficult calls and how we can “bounce back” from the bad ones. The webinar is interactive to encourage participants to share their own best practices.
• Understand the importance of mental health in firefighting
• Learn the six factors for building resilience
• Discuss ways to instill resilient practices in departments
• Discuss ways to “bounce back” from difficult calls
• Discuss the responsibilities of officers in helping firefighters manage through the short and long term implications
• Remember the goal: Physically and mentally healthy firefighters
Hersch Wilson is a thirty-year veteran volunteer Firefighter-EMT with the Hondo Fire Department in Santa Fe County, New Mexico. He has published numerous articles and presented on emotional well-being for Firefighters and PTSD. Hersch followed his passion, dance, for several years before working as a writer, a commercial pilot, a soccer coach, and a leadership consultant for fortune 500 companies. His latest book, Firefighter Zen: A Field Guide to Thriving in Tough Times, was released this year.